Getting Started with Entity Framework
This is a self-paced GK Digital Learning product. GK Digital learning products are created by world-class production and instructional design teams to deliver an experience that feels more like a classroom than traditional e-learning with hands-on activities for real-world results. In addition to high quality video content and hands-on labs you will have access to subject matter experts to ask questions for feedback and support.
This course introduces you to EF and gives you experience with most of the common use-cases. You will see how to model your database entities with C# classes using "code behind" with Visual Studio's Entity Framework templates. You will learn to connect to databases and perform basic CRUD operations.
Beyond the basics, you'll learn how write advanced queries, work with lazy and eager loading, query views, call stored-procedures, and separate out the data access layer using the repository pattern.
- At least six months of programming experience using the Microsoft .NET framework and C#
- Some experience with SQL is assumed
- Use LocalDB as a Development Database
- Read Database Data with Entity Framework
- Insert, Update, and Delete Data from a Database using Entity Framework
- Write LINQ to Entity Framework Queries
- Call Views and Stored Procedures using Entity Framework
- Use the Repository Pattern in Entity Framework
What You'll Learn
- You will learn to use LocalDB as a development database
- Read database data with Entity
- Insert, update, and delete data from a database using Entity Framework
- Write efficient and optimized LINQ to Entity Framework queries
- Call views and stored proceduresusing Entity Framework
- Use the Repository Pattern in Entity Framework.