Classic data centers integrate many different components from many different environments, creating a very complex and decentralized approach to troubleshooting application deployment. Just as ACI allows for centralized management focused on application needs, you can troubleshoot your ACI Fabric from a centralized location with the requirements of the application in mind.
This two-day course will introduce you to common ACI troubleshooting practices. You will use the ACI GUI and show commands in the CLI to identify faults. You will troubleshoot FA policies, app profiles, VMM domains, L3 OUT, and contracts, as well as analyze health scores to determine the current condition of the Fabric. You will be able to identify faults and determine current condition of faults in order to determine the appropriate next step.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Attended ICND1 or have equivalent knowledge
- Server virtualisation knowledge
- Attended Introduction to Cisco ACI (INTCACI)
Module 1: Discover and verify the current configured Fabric
- Verify the configured ACI Fabric.
Module 2: Troubleshoot Fabric access policy
- Troubleshoot interface policies.
- Troubleshoot switch profiles.
Module 3: Troubleshoot application profile
- Troubleshoot VRFs.
- Troubleshoot bridge domains.
- Troubleshoot EPGs.
Module 4: Troubleshoot VMM domains
- Troubleshoot Vswitch policies.
- Troubleshoot VMM domain integrations.
- Troubleshoot VLAN pools.
- Troubleshoot VM connectivity.
Module 5: Troubleshoot L2 OUT
- Troubleshoot static path bindings.
- Troubleshoot physical domains.
- Troubleshoot VMM domains.
Module 6: Troubleshoot L3 OUT
- Troubleshoot the OSPF interface policy.
- Troubleshoot OSPF neighbor relationships.
- Troubleshoot subnet advertisement.
Module 7: Troubleshooting contracts
- Troubleshoot protocol filters.
- Troubleshoot contracts between tenants.
Module 8: wrap-up lab
- Identify failure points.
- Where would you go in the GUI or CLI to troubleshoot?
- Identify proper resolution?
- Lab 1: Discovery Lab
- Lab 2: Troubleshooting Fabric Access Policy
- Lab 3: Troubleshooting Application Profile
- Lab 4: Troubleshooting VMM domain
- Lab 5: Troubleshooting Contracts
- Lab 6: Troubleshooting External L2 Policy
- Lab 7: Troubleshooting External L3 Policy
- Lab 8: Wrap-up Lab
After completing this course you should be able to troubleshoot:
- Interface policies
- Switch profiles
- Bridge domains
- Vswitch policy
- VMM domain integrations
- VLAN pools
- VM connectivity
- OSPF interface policy
- OSPF neighbor relationship
- Advertising subnets
- Protocol filters
- Contracts between tenants