The Cisco SD-WAN Operation and Deployment course is designed to provide an overview of the Cisco SD-WAN solution and SD-WAN components. Students will learn how to create, manage and operate a secure extensible network using Cisco SD-WAN products.
The course covers how to configure, operate and monitor overlay routing in a secure extensible network. Policies and quality of service (QoS) in the SD-WAN overlay network are also included.
Engineers involved in the implementation of a Cisco SD-WAN environment.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify the various components and architecture of the Cisco SD-WAN solution.
- Deploy vEdge routers in a secure extensible network.
- Create templates to aide in the deployment and operation of the secure extensible network.
- Configure and verify overlay routing in the secure extensible network.
- Create simple policies to control traffic flow in the secure extensible network.
SD-WAN Solution Components
- SD-WAN Solution Overview
- SD-WAN Components
- Managing SD-WAN Components
Secure Extensible Network Deployment
- Secure Control Plane Operation
- Secure Control Plane Deployment
- Secure Data Plane Operation
- Cloud Deployments and Redundancy
SD-WAN Template Deployment
- Templates Overview
- Feature Templates
- Device Templates
- Attaching Devices to Templates
SD-WAN Overlay Routing
- Overlay Routing Overview
- OMP Route Advertisements
- OMP Route Redistribution and Network Segmentation
- Configuring and Verifying Overlay Routing
SD-WAN Policies and QoS
- Policy Overview and Framework
- Smart Policy Operation and Construction
- Forwarding and QoS Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring QoS Forwarding
- Lab 1: Manage and Monitor SD-WAN Components
- Lab 2: Deploy and Verify SD-WAN vEdge Routers
- Lab 3: Deploy SD-WAN Templates
- Lab 4: SD-WAN Overlay Routing
- Lab 5: SD-WAN Policies
Attendees should meet the following pre-requisites:
- Strong understanding of enterprise wide area network design
- Strong understanding of routing protocol operation, including both interior and exterior routing protocol operation ROUTE and TSHOOT Recommended
- Familiarity with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and IP Security (IPSec) - SENSS Recommended