Migrate a global publisher architect on-premises procurement system into Azure, map dependencies onto Azure IaaS VMs, and provide the end-state design and the high level steps to get there.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
Students will be better able to migrate and enable easy deployment for lift and shift capabilities. In addition,
- Build and deploy complex infrastructure solutions with Azure Resource Manager templates
- Work with Azure Automation DSC for deploying server configurations
- Scale existing templatized deployments leveraging VM Scale Sets
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Lift and Shift
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Azure Resource Manager
- Configure Automation Account
- Define the network foundation
- Extend with compute
- Lock down the environment
- Scale out the deployment