In this two-day course, you learn how to navigate and manage the VMware Identity Manager™ console. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you configure enterprise and productivity integration, Digital Workspace integration, authentication methods, access policies, web and virtual resource integrations, and single sign-on for a web resource.
The principles of identity and access management are addressed throughout the course. You will leave the training empowered with the foundational skills and knowledge needed to effectively implement the VMware Workspace ONE® solution to deliver the Digital Workspace experience.
This course is a subset of the 5-day VMware Workspace ONE - Deploy and Manage course.
- Evaluate the impact of integrating the Digital Workspace
- Outline the core components of Digital Workspace
- Weigh the impact of utilizing virtual desktop infrastructure as part of your UEM strategy
VMware Identity Manager Console
- Navigate the VMware Identity Manager Console
- Execute directory integration with VMware Identity Manager
- Develop an identity and access management strategy
Workspace ONE Platform Architecture
- Evaluate Workspace ONE deployment options
- Describe the VMware recommended Workspace ONE Architecture
- Examine High Availability and Disaster Recovery options
Digital Workspace Integration
- Integrate Directory Services with Workspace ONE UEM and VMware Identity Manager
- Synchronize users and groups from Directory to Workspace ONE Consoles
- Integrate Certificate Authority with Workspace ONE UEM
- Outline the steps of performing Digital Workspace integration
- Integrate the Digital Workspace
- Stage resources for Workspace ONE registration and management
- Register and manage endpoints with Workspace ONE
- Elevate the management level of an endpoint from Workspace ONE registered to Workspace ONE managed
- Formulate productivity integrations needs
- Deploy the Unified Access Gateway
- Install and configure VMware Tunnel™
- Install and configure the VMware Content Gateway
- Install and configure VMware AirWatch® Secure Email Gateway™
Web and Virtual Application Management
- Formulate a web and virtual application management strategy
- Configure web and virtual applications
- Manage web and virtual applications
Single Sign-On for Applications
- Describe the single sign-on capability provided by Workspace ONE
- Summarize that single sign-on can be used for native mobile applications
- Outline the authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE
- Evaluate the effectiveness of VMware Workspace ONE® Verify
Target Group and Prerequisites
The course is intended for Workspace ONE administrators, experienced mobility and identity administrators, account managers, solutions architects, solutions engineers, sales engineers, and consultants.
This course has no prerequisites.